Lashes & Brows - Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Prepare for my Lash Lift Appointment?
- It's glasses day! Please don't wear contact lenses. We recommend taking your contact lenses out before your lash extension service since your eyes will be closed for a while and no one loves a dry eye! After your service, you can put your lenses back in and wear as normal.
- Please arrive on time with clean lashes and no eye makeup, mascara or product on the eye area. Do not use any product containing oils, acids, benzoyl peroxide, or retinols near the eye area. Remember, extensions do not stick to dirty lashes! This also means no lash curling beforehand. This lets your stylist quickly prep your lashes for your service.
- Please limit your caffeine intake since it can make it difficult to keep still during your appointment - no one wants a fluttery eye during a lash service!
How Do I Care For My Lash Lift?
- Wash your lashes daily with a lash-safe cleanser. I recommend the prolong lash cleanser or Neutrogena Hydroboost if you are a makeup wearer.
- Do not use products that contain oil, essential oils, chemical exfoliants (salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, etc) near your eye area.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes or sleeping on your face.
The great thing about a Lash Lift is that it is a very low maintenance procedure however, there is a little extra care required over the first 24-48hrs.
- Be gentle with your lashes; no rubbing.
- Do not get your lashes wet for the first 24 hrs.
- Do not use harsh products on your eyes/lashes.
- Use of Sauna/Steam is possible after 24hrs but may weaken the effect of the lift.
- No eye make up for 24 hours.
- Avoid waterproof mascara’s.
- Swimming should be avoided for at least 24hrs.
- No other facial beauty treatments for 24hrs.
What is Brow Lamination?
Brow lamination is a noninvasive procedure that realigns the direction of the natural brow pattern in such a way to give you the the appearance of a fuller, fluffier brow!
Who is Brow Lamination for?
- Anyone looking to improve the overall look of their brows
- Anyone with sparse brows or those who are growing out their brows
- Anyone not ready to commit to microblading or permanent makeup
- Anyone with unruly, stubborn brow hair.
Are there any reasons Brow Lamination might not be suitable for me?
- Brow lamination is not safe or recommended if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- This procedure is not recommended for anyone who has recently had eye surgery, has any open wounds/ pimples around the brow area, or anyone who is currently experiencing pink eye or any other eye irritations.
- Brow lamination is not recommended for anyone with eczema or psoriasis around the eye/brow area.
- It is not recommended if you have very sensitive skin or an active sunburn around the brow area.
- If you are on any blood thinners (including fish oil or omega), it is recommended to discontinue using them 48 hours prior to your appointment.
How do I prep for my Brow Lamination appointment?
- It is important for this area to be clean and free of makeup, pressed powders and moisturizers.
- For best results, please grow your eyebrow hairs and avoid threading/waxing/plucking/trimming for up to 4 weeks prior.
- Do not apply Retinol, Retin-A, BHA/AHA, or exfoliate 72 hours before your appointment as this may irritate your skin.
Aftercare: For 24 hours post Brow lamination:
- Avoid getting your brows wet - no water, heat, steam, sweating, pools, tanning beds, or direct sunlight.
- Avoid makeup, makeup remover, toners, cleansers on or around the brows. Using an oil-free makeup remover is always a good idea!
- Avoid scrubbing or touching brows.
- Do not apply Retinol, Retin-A, BHA/AHA, or exfoliate 72 hours after your appointment as this may irritate your skin.
- Do not use self tanning products on the face for 48 hours after the treatment.
- Use the mascara wand given to brush brows into place when needed.
- For best results - the longer the aftercare is continued, the better longevity of your brows!
How is Brow Lamination done?
Step 1: We style the hairs in the desired direction
Step 2: We laminate the hairs into place with a gentle perming solution
Step 3: We neutralize the hair and treat it with a nourishing formula
How long does Brow Lamination last?
Generally, brow lamination lasts from four to six weeks. Depending on how well you look after your brows, it can last up to eight weeks. After the four to six-week period, it's recommended that you get your brows re-laminated in order to maintain the look over a longer period of time.
How do I care for a Lash + Brow Tint?
- Do not touch or rub your eyes, eyelashes, or eyebrows immediately after the treatment. If redness or irritation occurs apply a cool damp cotton compress to the eye area. If symptoms persist for more than 24 hours seek medical advice
- For the first two hours please avoid any water contact on the lashes or brows
- Do not sleep on your face.
Avoid hot water or steam on the face or near the eyes.
DAY 3 & continuously:
- Please refrain from all attempts to rub the eyes or lashes.
- Do not use oil based products or any conditioning treatments/ serums on the lashes.
- This will cause the Semi-permanent mascara to dissolve faster.
- Effects of the tint will start to diminish within 2 to 3 weeks as hair grows out and the tint color fades.
- Strong sunlight/UV light can make the tint color fade faster – Use our gentle foaming facial cleanser or eye makeup remover and avoid exfoliating cleansers or those products containing AHA’s and oil
- Do not apply makeup or mascara to lashes or receive any other eye treatments for at least 24 hours after the lash or brow tinting treatment.
Eminence Organic Skin Care
EMINENCE ORGANIC SKIN CARE AUTHENTICITY STATEMENT:
Eminence Organic Skin Care uses the finest natural, organic and Biodynamic® ingredients to provide you with the best organic skin care products in the market today. To ensure you are receiving fresh and authentic Eminence Organic Skin Care products, we advise that you purchase exclusively from one of our authorized partners.
Uptown Haven is proud to be an Eminence Organic Skin Care authorized partner! If your are unable to stop in to Uptown Haven to purchase Eminence products, you can shop with us online by clicking on the affiliate link below. You will have 24 hour a day shopping access and receive free shipping with the products delivered right to your door when you use our affiliate link!